Issues That Our Scalp & Hair Treatments Can Help
When it comes to traditional beauty routines, our scalps are often neglected.
While you spend time perfecting a dewy complexion and hydrated skin, your scalp may be in need of some extra TLC. From thinning brittle hair to a dry, itchy scalp, resolving these issues starts at the follicle level.
Learn more about how incorporating the right scalp treatment routine can help you achieve luscious locks and a healthy scalp.
Causes of Hair Loss
In order to know if you are experiencing abnormal hair loss, it’s helpful to understand the life cycle of hair growth. Out of the hundreds and thousands of hairs on your head, each one is in a different phase of its life cycle, which usually lasts around 2-5 years.
- Anagen phase- The first phase of the hair growth cycle, includes about 90 percent of your hairs growing roughly 1 centimeter per month.
- Catagen phase- The second phase of hair growth lasting about 10 days, approximately 1-2 percent of your hairs will be in this phase at a time. The hair follicle stops receiving blood flow, ending growth.
- Telogen phase. This is when the hair is at rest in its follicles but aren’t actively growing as the strand prepares to shed.
- Exogen phase- the final phase of hair growth when individual strands are released from the follicle, starting the growth process all over again.
There are two main types of hair loss: scarring and non-scarring:
Scarring hair loss occurs when the hair follicle is permanently damaged, causing the hair to stop growing form the scalp. This can be caused by trauma to the hair follicle due to a number of factors, one of which is overwear of certain hair styles that pull the hair tight from the scalp.
Most hair loss can be classified as non-scarring; the two types of non-scarring hair loss are pattern baldness (anagen effluvium) and excessive hair shedding (telogen effluvium). Pattern baldness is the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women. It can be caused by genetic or hormonal factors, overreaction of the immune system, certain medications and treatments, irritating hairstyles, or harsh hair-care products.
There is a difference between hair loss (when hair stops growing) and excessive shedding. It’s normal to lose anywhere from 50-100 strands a day, this is a natural part of the hair growth cycle. If you are shedding a significant amount more than this, you may be experiencing excessive hair shedding. This can be caused by a multitude of things, but the good news is they are usually treatable. Excessive hair shedding can often be attributed to medications, nutrition levels, inflammation, hormonal changes, infection or illness, stress, and scalp health.
What Can Scalp & Hair Treatments Do?
One of the most effective ways to ensure healthy hair growth is to start with a healthy scalp. An unhealthy scalp can cause the hair follicles to become clogged, similar to a follicle or pore on your face. When sweat, dirt, debris, and oil build up on the scalp, it can block the hair follicles and stunt the growth. Signs of an unhealthy scalp include dryness, flaking, itching, excessive buildup, and hair breakage.
Scalp treatments are a great way to combat an unhealthy scalp and can even be used as a preventative measure. Some conditions that are often contributing to an unhealthy scalp include dryness, dandruff, and psoriasis.
- Dry scalp- due to loss of moisture in the skin causing an itchy sensation and flaky skin. Hair products that strip the scalp of its natural oils, cold and low humidity climates, and not drinking enough water can all attribute to a dry scalp.
- Dandruff- shown in similar ways with small pieces of dry flaking skin. Can be caused by a yeast that lives on the scalp (seborrheic dermatitis), triggered by stress, cold climates, and overall health.
- Psoriasis- a chronic skin condition that occurs when cells on the scalp grow too quickly, causing them to pile up. Signs include reddish colored patches on the scalp, flakey scales of skin with a silver sheen, dryness, itchiness, burning, and temporary hair loss. Is usually genetic, but can be triggered by infections, injuries, medications, alcohol, and smoking.
Scalp treatments help to moisturize the scalp to regulate the amount of oil being produced and eliminate problem flakiness. They also can remove product buildup, exfoliate dead skin cells, and unclog hair follicles to reveal a clean healthy scalp ready to grow luscious locks. Scalp treatments can strengthen the roots of the hair follicle to prevent hair damage and thinning. As an added bonus, massaging a scalp treatment into your scalp increases blood circulation to the skin which strengthens hair follicles and may even slow scalp ageing.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms of an unhealthy scalp, you may be in need of a good scalp treatment.
Our scalp and hair treatment, The Power Fol Advanced Multi-Correctional Scalp & Hair Treatment, is an all-encompassing scalp care-hair growth formulation. Not only does it nourish the scalp, but it actually volumizes each individual hair shaft for fuller, stronger new hair growth.
How it Works
The Power Fol Multi-Correctional Scalp and Hair Treatment was meticulously developed over many iterations to create a scientifically based formulation that works. We’ve incorporated only the best clean beauty ingredients to address thinning of the hair, encourage density and volume of hair growth, and promote overall scalp and hair wellness.
The Power Fol Advanced Multi Correctional Scalp & Hair Treatment features - among others - multiple Peptides, Fermented Minerals, Adaptogens, Red Clover Flower, Saw Palmetto, and Ginseng Extract to address thinning of the hair. These ingredients work to hinder the production of the hormone that is often responsible for hair loss (dihydrotestosterone).
- Red Clover Flower also decreases inflammation and strengthens the hair follicle-allowing for a stronger attachment to the scalp.
In addition, Pea Peptides, Chinese Skullcap, Vegetable Collagen, and Caffeine team up to encourage the growth of fuller, more dense strands.
- Pea peptides have extreme levels of protein that target the hairs growth molecules to signal new hair growth. They also provide an immediate lift and volume to the roots of your hair upon application.
- Chinese Skullcap helps to encourage dormant hair cells to enter the growing phase through TERT expression.
- Vegetable derived Collagen is composed several amino acids that assist the body’s production of keratin- a structural protein of hair- to encourage hair growth and prevent fall out.
- Caffeine energizes the scalp cells to stimulate the root of the hair follicle resulting in new hair growth that lasts longer.
In addition to addressing hair growth, The Power Fol Multi-Correctional Scalp & Hair Treatment includes a combination of ingredients to promote overall wellness of the hair.
- Hydrolyzed Lupine Peptides contain essential vitamins and minerals to provide nutrients necessary for maintaining a healthy scalp.
- Ashwagandha has been used for its health benefits for thousands of years. It’s clinically proven to reduce inflammation and cortisol production- one of the main causes of hair loss.
- Magnesium, Iron, Copper, and Zinc all play a key role in the overall health of the body but are not naturally produced. These minerals work to promote a healthier scalp, therefore healthier growth of hair.
- Astaxanthin is one of nature’s strongest antioxidants. Its 65 times stronger than Vitamin C in combating free radicals, protecting the hair follicle from damage and stress.
- Chia Seed Oil is rich if fatty Omega-3 acids which hydrate the scalp, prevent inflammation, reduce trans-epidermal water loss, and increase the skin barrier function.
The Power Fol Multi-Correctional Scalp & Hair Treatment can be applied once in the morning and once at night, just spray the formula directly onto the roots of your hair and gently massage into the scalp to get those hairs growing. The lightweight design will not weigh down your hair throughout the day, but instead provide extra lift and volume at the roots for the appearance of fuller hair throughout the day.
Once you have those hairs growing with The Power Fol Scalp & Hair Treatment, grow them stronger with The Mane Agent Advanced Molecular Bond Repair.
The Hair Treatment
Our newest venture into the realm of hair care, The Mane Agent Advanced Molecular Bond Repair is an innovative, patent-pending, leave in hair treatment that strengthens the hair bonding agents, reduces hair breakage, deeply conditions and repairs damaged hair, protects the hair from heat and UV rays, restores softness and shine, and volumizes each individual hair shaft.
We formulated and tested the Mane Agent Advanced Molecular Bonding Agent over many iterations until we were confident in its revolutionary hair repair qualities. This carefully constructed blend of ingredients does so much more than your traditional leave-in conditioning treatment – and that’s an understatement.
- Amaranth is proven to increases the diameter of each individual hair shaft resulting in fuller, more volumized hair. It also reduces hair friction, increases bounce of hair, and promotes greater style hold
- Boabab restores the hair from damage caused by chemical treatments or heat damage. It also reinforces each strand of hair to improve the strength of strands and protect from UV damage, while simultaneously adding deep conditioning and nourishment.
- Panthenol is a moisturizing compound derived from vitamin B5. It works to penetrate the hair cuticle to restore softness, shine, and maintain moisture.
- Biotin, also known as vitamin H or coenzyme R, is a water-soluble vitamin B7 that can stimulate the body’s production of keratin, encouraging healthy hair growth.
- Lemon Protein has been shown to reduce friction, hydrate and strengthen the hair, as well as form a protective film around hair strands. The Lemon protein molecule is too big to penetrate the hair or skin offering smoothing, softening, and protective benefits.
- Our complex blend of Amino Acids helps the skin and hair maintain natural moisture levels, balances moisture transfer to and from hair, and reinforces the hair shaft to help mitigate damage.
- Chia seed oil is clinically proven to increase hydration in the skin and hair. It’s rich with omega-3 fatty acids, helping the hair shafts retain moisture, softness, and shine. Chia seed oil actually works with heat instead of against it to help retain style of the hair while decreasing damage of the cuticle.
After each wash, apply The Mane Agent evenly throughout the lengths of towel dried hair. Do not rinse the treatment, instead continue to style your hair as usual. The Mane Agent Advanced Molecular Bond Repair activates with heat but may be used without any hot styling tools. The treatment is intended for all hair types and can be used up to three times a week for healthy hair that’s deeply repaired and restored.
We hope this helps you understand your personal hair and scalp health, and how our products target each aspect of maintaining it. Take the steps towards your healthiest hair yet- discover your routine today.