Tips and Tricks to Amp Up Your Self-Care Routine
What is self-care and why does it matter?
Self-care: it’s a term invoked often, but what does it mean exactly and how do we put it into practice in our hectic daily lives? Self-care is simply about making time for the things that make you happy – the things (little and big) that leave you feeling better. Self-care doesn’t have to be monumental acts that take a great deal of time from your schedule but can be – and often are – the little things that help you to feel better, so it can be anything from going for a walk to getting a haircut or even applying your nightly skin care regimen!
The reason self-care is so important is that many of us can forget to take care of ourselves in the hustle and bustle of daily life. When we're busy and stressed out, we tend to put aside our own needs — especially when there are so many other people relying on us (which happens a lot to so many of us during the holidays).
The best way to ensure you're looking after yourself properly is by creating a daily self-care checklist - it'll help you prioritize your needs and get everything done without having to think too much about it.
Here are 5 simple ideas to enhance your self-care checklist:
1. Make a list of your favorite self-care activities - These can include taking time to exercise, reading a book, getting a massage or taking applying your favorite skincare. Many people delight in the act of the ritual of applying skincare at night or in the morning – it provides that sacred “me” time we all need. The important thing is that these activities should be things that make you feel good and help you relax.
2. Take advantage of a clean beauty skincare regimen – We like to encourage our customers to reduce their toxic load when and where it makes sense. One of the easy ways to do that is by incorporating clean beauty into your skincare regimen. Our products rival if not exceed the efficacy of our conventional counterparts and contain powerhouse ingredients, such as:
3. Invest in your hair care products - If you have frizzy or curly hair then you know how important it is to have good hair moisturizers and conditioners. If you are experiencing trouble with growth or hair loss, we recommend finding a treatment that works for you that is clinically-proven to yield results. The Power Fol Advanced Multi-Correctional Scalp & Hair Treatment is proven to increase hair growth in as little as 90 days, if not sooner.
4. Use Essential Oils in your soak - Essential oils can help you relax and unwind after a long day. Some of our favorite essential oils for stress relief include lavender, lemongrass, and eucalyptus.
5. Get enough sleep - 7–9 hours of sleep for most adults is ideal, but check with your doctor if you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep at night; they may have suggestions on how to improve your sleep quality!
Practicing self care can sometimes be easier said than done, but once you find the time to treat yourself, your body and mind will thank you in more ways than you think!