At Maya Chia, we are committed to making our website as accessible as possible to people with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. We are constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
We are constantly trying to ensure that our website follows accessibility best practices by following the principles of universal design. This ensures the site is flexible and adaptable to different users’ needs or preferences and is accessible through a variety of different technologies, including mobile devices or assistive technologies.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible. Following these guidelines, In good faith, we are making our content accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss and combinations of these. We are choosing to state the process of making our web content more accessible to all users because:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires certain businesses to make accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Web content should be accessible to the blind, deaf, and those who must navigate by voice, screen readers or other assistive technologies.
- Businesses that fall under Title I, those that operate 20 or more weeks per year with at least 15 full-time employees, or Title III, those that fall under the category of “public accommodation,” are covered by the ADA.
- To clearly define what we are doing and when we are doing it, because there are no clear regulations defining website accessibility.
- Failure to create an ADA-compliant website could open a business to lawsuits, financial liabilities and damage to your brand reputation.
We have modified our website for compliance according to Web Initiative Compliance Guidelines listed here https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/quickref/. The modification process was completed on February 3, 2020. Any inquiries about the process, please contact us here.
The following are our most visited pages, which have been modified for accessibility compliance:
- Home page – https://mayachia.com/
The following are less visited pages that have been modified for accessibility compliance:
- Our Brand
- The Lab – https://mayachia.com/the-lab/#patented-process
- Press & Honors – https://mayachia.com/press-honors/
- Blog – https://mayachia.com/blog/
- Stockists – https://mayachia.com/retailers/
- Wholesale Inquiry – https://mayachia.com/wholesale-inquiry/
- FAQ – https://mayachia.com/frequently-asked-questions/
- Contact & Form – https://mayachia.com/contact/
- Shipping & Returns – https://mayachia.com/terms-conditions/
Last updated Feb 3, 2020.