Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible. Following these guidelines, In good faith, we are making our content accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss and combinations of these. We are choosing to state our process of making our web content more accessible to all users because:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires certain businesses to make accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Web content should be accessible to the blind, deaf, and those who must navigate by voice, screen readers or other assistive technologies.
- Businesses that fall under Title I, those that operate 20 or more weeks per year with at least 15 full-time employees, or Title III, those that fall under the category of “public accommodation,” are covered by the ADA.
- To clearly define what we are doing and when we are doing it, because there are no clear regulations defining website accessibility.
- Failure to create an ADA-compliant website could open a business to lawsuits, financial liabilities and damage to your brand reputation.
We are modifying our website for compliance according to Web Initiative Compliance Guidelines listed here https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/quickref/. The modification process will be complete approximately January 28, 2020. Any inquiries about the current process, please contact us here.
The following are our most visited pages, which we are currently reviewing and modifying for accessibility compliance:
- Home page – https://mayachia.com/
The following are less visited pages that we have slated for review and modification for accessibility compliance:
- Our Brand
- The Lab – https://mayachia.com/the-lab/#patented-process
- Press & Honors – https://mayachia.com/press-honors/
- Blog – https://mayachia.com/blog/
- Stockists – https://mayachia.com/retailers/
- Wholesale Inquiry – https://mayachia.com/wholesale-inquiry/
- FAQ – https://mayachia.com/frequently-asked-questions/
- Contact & Form – https://mayachia.com/contact/
- Shipping & Returns – https://mayachia.com/terms-conditions/
Last updated Jan 7, 2020.